Student Personal Support
- University Policy and Guidance for staff and students about Mental Health and Referral to University Services.
Directing students to advice
The following is advice to which members of staff can direct students should it be identified that additional personal support is required.
- If a student may have disability support needs, including dyslexia or other learning difficulties, ensure s/he knows about the support offered by the Disability Advisory and Support Service - if additional support is required please inform the Disability Support Co-ordinator (Gill Lester).
- If a student would benefit from talking confidentially advise contacting the Counselling Service and reading the who can I talk to advice.
- If depression is a concern support can be found with Students Against Depression.
- For registration, finance, exams and international issues advise contacting the School's Student Support Office or the University's Student Services Centre.
- For academic support, finances, immigration, visas and health & wellbeing advise contacting The University's Student Support.
- The Manchester International Society has support for international students.
Start2 - NHS service
What is Start2?
Start2 is an exciting online wellbeing resource that uses art and creative activities to boost your health. Start2 is full of ideas that anyone and everyone can enjoy regardless of experience of doing creative activity.
Who made Start2?
Start2 has been created by the team at Start, a multi award winning arts-based mental health NHS service. The Start method aids recovery and wellbeing through arts and gardening with a unique emphasis on creativity. Start is part of Manchester Mental Health and Social Care Trust.