New Students ... Before You Arrive
There are a number of things you need to do before you arrive:
- First and foremost:
- Complete your IT signup via the my.manchester site
- Confirm your attendance - once you have completed the IT signup you must confirm your attendance so we know you are coming!
- Make sure you complete your online academic and financial registration via the my.manchester site
- Sort out where you are going to live: see the help and advice on accommodation in Manchester
- Plan your journey - find our where your Hall is
- Contact fellow students via the School Facebook groups (the School undergraduate Facebook group), or once you know your Hall search for a group on Facebook.
- Select your optional course units:
Some of our degree programmes offer optional course units in the first year, it is a good idea to look at these and make your selection before you arrive via the my.manchester site. Further details about course units can be found on the School undergraduate intranet pages.
- Make sure you know where we are:
The University has one of the largest city-centre campuses in the UK. The School of Computer Science is in the Kilburn Building, which is located on the south campus (Oxford Road corridor), building 39 on the campus map. You can find your way around round the Kilburn building using the floor plans on the School intranet.
Make sure you know what is happening during Welcome Week:
During your first week here, "Welcome Week", you will have a number of induction activities to attend, please look at the Welcome Week page for further information.