Research School IrregularPublished: Wednesday, 17 February 2021
A newsletter for PGR
[ top ]Owning Your Research Project
My Research Essentials, the Library’s development programme aimed at researchers at all career stages, continues with a series of workshops/seminars during February and March.
- Sessions cover dedicated writing time (Shut up & Write), open access, research data management, raising your research profile and publishing seminars. Researchers can also draw on our online resources covering citation analysis, research data management, publishing your research and raising your research profile.
- Completion of MRE online resources counts towards Postgraduate Researcher training hours; upload your information about the training session you have just completed following these instructions.
- All MRE training sessions will take place on the online video conferencing app Zoom. Please sign up and download the app for free and we will send you the link for the workshop a day before it is due to take place. Booking onto workshops is essential.
- For more information about the programme, and to view this month’s schedule, please see the MRE webpage
- Of particular note is the one day MRE training event for students new to programming.
Introducing the command line and shell for beginners (Software Carpentry) (Online)
Thu 18 Feb 2021, 09:30 - 15:30
[ top ]Professional Development (and Networks)How to design your career path. Step by step approach on how to design your career path in industry for the next five years that will fulfill your personal goals. You will learn how to figure out what are your the most important motivators and how to create your personal vision and mission. Furthermore, you will understand some examples of industrial carrier ladder, models of different organizations and how your transferable skills can help you to progress. After that you will create your skill list and make your development plan. In the final step you will get many tips on CV writing to enable you to sell yourself in the best possible way. This course is ideal for academics: PhDs, Postdocs who want to find their first job in industry and better understand which type of organization they should consider when applying for the job and what kind of personal development they can expect. Of course early graduates are very welcome, This course runs from February 22nd - March 21st, 2021. Please apply to participate for free in the beta round of this new course.Also share this form with anyone who you think would love to participate too.