COMP24412 Knowledge Based AI syllabus 2020-2021
22 in total, 2 per week
10 hours in total, 5 2-hour sessions.
Feedback methodsThe course has a number of lab exercises which are marked in the lab as usual, and feedback on these exercises is provided by written comments on the work and orally by the marker.
- Assessment written exam (2 hours)
- Lectures (24 hours)
- Practical classes & workshops (10 hours)
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving
On successful completion of this unit, a student will be able to:
- ILO 1 Describe, apply and demonstrate syntactic and semantic formal models for natural language processing
- ILO 2 Describe, differentiate and apply different knowledge representation formalisms for modelling knowledge bases
- ILO 3 Explain how these KR formalisms affect the reasoning process
- ILO 4 Apply and demonstrate knowledge-based learning methods
- ILO 5 Write Prolog programs to solve automated reasoning tasks and explain how they will execute
- ILO 6 Describe the syntax and semantics of first-order logic and use it to model problems
- ILO 7 Apply reasoning techniques (transformation to clausal form, resolution, saturation) to establish properties of first-order problems
- ILO 8 Explain the theoretical limitations of first-order logic and the associated reasoning methods
No reading list found for COMP24412.
Course unit materials
Links to course unit teaching materials can be found on the School of Computer Science website for current students.