Skip to navigation | Skip to main content | Skip to footer

Reporting absence

Short-term absence - up to 5 days

Long-term absence - more than 5 days

If you have been ill for an extended period (more than 5 days), or you have any personal problem that you feel has affected your studies, or you miss an assessment due a unforeseen reason, then you should complete a mitigating circumstances form and submit it to the student support office, indicating what has been affected and how. You must make sure you provide any documentary evidence, such as Doctor's note.

The undergraduate handbook describes our mitigating circumstances procedures in detail. You can be rest assured that all information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.