Current PGR students
Email is our primary method for communication and it is your responsibility to check your University of Manchester inbox frequently. If you do not you will miss important information and the School cannot be responsible for the consequences.
About the research school
The Research School provides an organisational framework within which PhD students conduct research in the School of Computer Science. While research students are members of groups, the research school has overall responsibility for monitoring student progress, for ensuring that students have a supportive environment in which to work, and for ensuring that research students make a significant contribution to the research of the school.
The documents within these webpages outline the procedures and activities associated with the school.
If these pages do not contain some information that you think they should please contact us with your suggestion.
Links for new students
- 3-year PhD Welcome Week Timetable
- PGR Handbooks
- Mentors and resources for first year PhD students
- Faculty Student Orientation Support (SOS) General Information
- Faculty Student Orientation Support (SOS) Computer Science Information.
- Research students' charter
- Research symposium
- For Information about common worries, making friends, getting to know the city and academic transition, see the guidance about settling in
Careers information for students
What makes a good post-doc application?
Applying for a post-doc position
You seldom work efficiently if you work long hours
Accessing services offered by support staff
PGR students often access the services offerd by support staff.
The School has a general office called the Academic Support Office (ACSO) which should be your first contact if you don't know how to access a particular service.The following links may be useful.