Essay writing guide
The subject of how to write a good essay is covered on many other sites and students are encouraged to read a sample of guides for a full understanding.
- How to write an essay, University of Manchester, Faculty of Humanities Study Skills
- 3rd year project technical writing advice, University of Manchester, School of Computer Science
- William Strunk's elements of style
Examples of additional reading
- Essay writing & report writing, University of Wollongong
- Essay writing, Edinburgh Napier University
Academic essays and articles usually contain 'references'. These can range from a generalised bibliography or list for "further reading" to specific references for particular points in the text. In this last category references are normally indexed either by the first author's name and publication date, e.g. "[Smith97]" or simply numerically "".
Advice on the subject of plagiarism can be found under the assessments section of this website.