Current postgraduate taught students
Email is our primary method for communication and it is your responsibility to check your email inbox frequently. If you do not you will miss important information and the Department cannot be responsible for the consequences.
Please also see the announcements below and read your Masters news.
- If you require first aid or emergency help contact the university's security guards on 2769966 (69966 internal).
- If you are ill inform the Student Support Office by email.
- If you have some circumstances to be taken into consideration when marking your coursework or exams complete a mitigating circumstances form on time: retrospective submission of these forms is only permissible in special cases.
- For technical problems with Department/University computing facilities see Computer Science's wiki, or see the University IT Support Centre where you can search the knowledge base or log a support ticket.
- If you need academic advice use the University's online directory to contact your MSc project supervisor, your Associate/Course Director, or the lecturer of the relevant course unit.
- If you require non-academic/personal advice contact your programme tutor or the student support office or the university counselling service.
- If you need face-to-face advice not covered in these pages contact the student support office.
- If you wish to complain to the department or make a recommendation contact your student representatives (see box below).
- To recover lost property see here.
- For Information about common worries, making friends, getting to know the city and academic transition, see the guidance about settling in
Cheating and plagiarism
- Make sure you understand what constitutes plagiarism and how to correctly reference your work.