3rd Year Welcome Week: 28th September 2020 - 2nd October 2020
We realise that the circumstances of returning to University are different this year. The welcome back activities will help you settle back into University life, find out more about how your studies will be conducted and connect with your lecturers and coursemates.
Social Justice Challenge
Take part in the Social Justice Challenge available from Monday 28th September
In welcome week third year students must:
- Register with the University (click to register).
- Register with the Department of Computer Science (details below).
- Attend compulsory lectures relating to the third year project and careers (details below).
- Attend the Welcome Week Talk with the 3rd Year tutor 29th September 10-11am via Zoom
- Meet their third year project supervisor.
- Enter course unit choices in Campus Solutions.
- CM students meet with the CM tutor (details below).
- HCI students meet with the HCI tutor (details below).
COMP30030/COMP30040 (project) lectures
All third year students are required to attend an introductory course in welcome week which provides information about the organisation of the Project Laboratory, the various skills students need to acquire, and the requirements that students must satisfy.
The time and location of the lectures can be found from the "welcome" links to the third year timetables below.
Note that on the timetable COMP30030 is amalgamated with COMP30040 (i.e. students taking COMP30030 attend the lectures for COMP30040).
Register with the Department of Computer Science
Department registration is used to confirm to Funding Bodies whether students are present and also to confirm attendance to the UKVI for international students.
Registration with the Department of Computer Science for Year 2 and 3 students will be an online quiz in Blackboard which needs to be completed by the 30th September.
Note that in addition to department registration it is necessary to register with the University.
Meet the CM tutor (CM students only)
It is compulsory for all third year CM students to meet with the CM tutor in welcome week. The time and location of the meeting can be found by the title "Tutor_intro_CM" from the "welcome" link to the third year CM timetable below.
Meet the HCI tutor (HCI students only)
It is compulsory for all third year HCI students to meet with the HCI tutor in welcome week. The time and location of the meeting can be found by the title "Tutorial (HCI)" from the "welcome" link to the third year HCI timetable below.
- Blackboard contains information about the COMP30030/COMP30040 (project) lectures
- Projects homepage
- Campus maps to find lectures outside of Kilburn Building.
- Welcome week CV slides delivered by the Careers Service
- UG timetables